- 01403 598017
- 07795 983870
- [email protected]
Lymphatic Massage is getting an awful lot of attention at the moment. You may have read in the news that this ‘Super Therapy’ is used by celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow:
So what is the fuss all about?
MLD (manual lymphatic drainage) is one of the fastest growing areas of massage and one that uses the lightest touch. It takes time and training to master the VODDER method of MLD and this technique, so beware of imitations – check that your therapist is registered with MLD UK, the UK’s governing body.
MLD’s intensely relaxing effect masks the strength of the treatment itself. It is quoted time and again that an MLD facial is like a facelift without surgery and so it is. The stimulated lymph vessels work clearing the loose connective tissue of accumulated excess cells and debris, the skin not only looks clearer and cleaner - it actually is clearer and cleaner, right down to the sub-cutaneous level.
Our MLD therapist, Lesley, receives referrals from consultants at the Montefiore Hospital to work on their patients pre and post-cosmetic surgery/vaser lipo, as surgeons recognise that Lymphatic massage speeds up the healing process & improves the final result. It is also used to treat patients with a compromised lymphatic system and those who suffer with lymphoedema.
What can Lymphatic Massage do?
• Eases swelling & inflammation caused by trauma or surgery
• It has a strong & positive effect on the immune system
• Cleans & detoxifies every cell in our body
• Reduces pain & dissipates bruising
• Relieves fluid congestion in tissues i.e. puffy eyes, swollen legs & ankles, menstrual bloating etc
• Lowers blood pressure
• It is the cornerstone in the treatment of lymphoedema
• Relieves symptoms of stress & anxiety
• Helps with irritable bowel syndrome
• Decreases migraines and improves symptoms of ME & Fibromyalgia
….. and you will feel amazing afterwards; totally rested, revitalised & energised.
Please note Lesley is not available to book through our online booking system. Please call us on 01403 598017 to make a booking or email us at [email protected]